Saturday, February 18, 2012

Treasure Hunter - Early Development

I have begun work on my first solo game development project.  It is tentatively titled Treasure Hunter.  


Below is a bit of information regarding my game.  I will periodically be posting updates to the design of the game, as well as some sample code so people can see the nuts and bolts behind what I am doing.  This game is being developed in the Unity Game Engine.  When it is finished I plan to put it up for sale on a site that publishes indie games.  But readers of this blog will get sneak peaks of the game, and playable demos before it is ever launched to the public.

Here is a synopsis of the game that I posted on my design website:

Treasure Hunter will be the first game development project that is 100% my own work. The concept behind it is to be a top down adventure game similar in spirit to the classic Legend of Zelda games for NES and SNES, yet developed in a 3d game engine that supports superior visuals. My goal with this project is to undertake something that at the core is simple enough for me to complete as a 1 man team. I will be doing all of the programming, modeling, animation, story, sound effects, music, and level design. It is also going to be my first test at developing AI scripts for enemies that move, chase the player, shoot, attack, teleport, and whatever mechanics I can come up with.
As of this update it is in very early development, though the basics are in place. I will put of a prototype version to showcase my work once I feel I have developed enough content, and have packaged it in a way that looks nice and feels fun.

I am very excited about this project and look forward to producing something interactive the people will enjoy.

As always, feel free to check out my website to see what other projects I am working on.

2 comments:

  1. Wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blogspot. This seems to be a very cool idea. Seems a lot of us are doing personal projects aka solo ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I'm off my crazy work schedule, I will have to start updating this blog again.

    ReplyDelete