Saturday, February 18, 2012

Game Development in Unity

I have recently started learning to develop games using the Unity Game Engine. Posted here is some of my work. The games were developed using JavaScript inside the Unity Engine. Creating these games has been a process of learnign as I go. Each new project I take on I learn more about game development and I improve my programming ability. My greatest resource has been the amazing people at Walker Boys Studio. They have a top notch Unity training program availible on thier site that I have used to teach me the basics.

Crazy Clicks and Asteroid Destroyer were developed based on the tutorials on their site. The tutorials are used as a guide and help create the basic structure for the games as well as teaching the programming behind it as you go. The tutorials always end with challenges to be completed on your own. So much of the coding put into these games is actually my own work. Plenty of head banging trying to figure out how to get the programs to do what I want them to. In the end I feel I have been very successful.


All of the artwork put into these games is my own work. I have created all the models, textures and animations myself. These are always the finishing touch when it comes to making games. The polish that makes the functions look appealing and fun. I hope you enjoy what I have put together.



Here are some links to a couple of the games I have created. Click on the pics to go to the games.

Crazy Clicks - A simple clicking game made in Unity

Asteroid Destroyer - A 2d space shooter developed in Unity 




No comments:

Post a Comment